Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Breakthrough Contest 2012 Open to Submissions through June 30th!



Artist Representative, Richard Solomon called me to announce that his second annual Breakthrough Contest has extended its call for entries until June 30th. The contest helps out talented illustrators launch their careers.

Last year's winner, Michal Dziekan, is now working on a broad range of projects from editorial to advertising. Here is what some had to say about their success after submitting to the contest:



"During my great Breakthrough trip to NY I got the opportunity to join a group of fantastic artists represented by Richard Solomon. It's a great honor for me to find myself next to these guys."



Maria Corte Maidagan:

"I view the Breakthrough Contest is an invaluable source of exposure -- an opportunity I couldn't refuse.  I took interest in the competition with intentions of expanding my career outside of gallery work, towards a more commercial field.  Not only did it serve as an open exhibition for potential clients, but I also received the opportunity to be taken under by the notable representative, himself.  My participation in it did exactly what I set forth to do."


Tran Nguyen:

"I would encourage everyone to participate in the Breakthrough Contest. For me, it has been a great chance for giving visibility to my work abroad, providing impetus for my professional career outside Europe. I have collaborated with different international publications that have entailed new challenges to face ever since, always relying on the advice and experience I have been provided with by RSAR. This is why I would also like to highlight the humane treatment that the office gives to the artists represented, always close and warm. Taking part in it has been a rewarding experience that I am still enjoying to this day."


Check here for more information regarding eligibility or to submit until June 30th.

Best of luck to all. If you have any questions contact contest@richardsolomon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment