The X-Factor of Illustration
I love seeing illustrators reach their fullest potential so this post is for the emerging stars in our industry. Over the years, I’ve listened to and observed so many successful illustrators approach their careers. They each made a commitment to take responsibility and make their success happen. These are some of the similar factors and personality traits which seem to resonate with successful illustrators which you may identify with. I call it the X-Factor in Illustration!
· Have the drive and ambition to succeed.
· Surround yourself with good people that can guide you.
· Make creating images fun.
· Do it because you can be great at it.
· Find something magical in your work.
· Strike emotional chords with the visual images you create.
· Move people and make them think.
· Be open to the creativity from whatever source your inspiration comes.
· Create authentic art for yourself to keep your integrity.
· Establish your credibility with your audience.
· Don’t do something just to sell – keep true to your self.
· Be a good artist so you can be a good teacher.
· Have confidence and the courage to develop your skills.
· Have discipline, patience and persistence during your career.
· Be happy and have a good attitude.
· Market your work where other great artists market theirs.
If you would like to talk about identifying or re-identifying the X-Factor in your career, please get in touch with me. I’m very generous with my time in working with artists who care about their careers.